SPOT Launches New Gen4 Satellite Messenger
Customized tracking, improved mapping and increased durability among other new features
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200803005057/en/
SPOT Gen4 (Photo: Business Wire)
“The new SPOT Gen4 was designed for outdoor recreation, adventure enthusiasts or field personnel who travel beyond reliable cell coverage or go off-the-grid for work or pleasure. Its sleek yet rugged appeal is the perfect complement to our SPOT product line,” said
SPOT Gen4 features include the following:
- Enhanced Design – The new Gen4 has a sleek new look with improved grip and design features that snap in place to securely cover the Help and S.O.S. buttons. It’s rugged, portable and includes a new multi-use carabiner and strap.
- Upgraded IP68 Rating – Offers increased water resistance, up to 30 minutes at two meters in water.
- Motion Activated Tracking – SPOT Gen4 sends tracks at a chosen rate for as long as the device is turned on and moving, conserving battery life. Alerts can be set to auto send notifications to others when movement is detected or upon entry and exit of specific geographic areas in SPOT Mapping.
- Battery Life – The new Gen4 offers the longest battery life in the product category far surpassing performance of alternative battery powered GPS messengers.
SPOT Mapping – Live and historical map views to view or share your SPOT locations for a minimum of three years. Optional upgrades available to meet user-defined mapping needs.
- Map Layers – Select from several options to view your map in light or dark mode, satellite, open street map or terrain.
- Alerts – User set and system generated for emergency or custom messages, new movement, no movement, check in and help.
- Shared View Improvement – Unlimited shared views with easy interface to share a location.
- Customized Position Icons – Ability to distinguish location points by SPOT product or user that adds a variety of in field and remote management of resources.
- Geofencing – Allows users to create virtual geographic boundaries and set custom alerts.
Around the globe over 7,000 rescues have been attributed to SPOT satellite technology. Like its predecessors, Gen4 offers safety assurance with a push button S.O.S. notification, connecting users via GPS location to the GEOS IERCC that dispatches local search and rescue.
SPOT provides ubiquitous satellite coverage, including
Pricing and Product Availability Information:
SPOT Gen4 is available online at FindMeSpot.com and at retailers nationwide. The device retails for
For more information on SPOT Gen4, including a complete list of retailers carrying SPOT products, visit FindMeSpot.com. Special commercial pricing and services are also offered through SPOT Business Solutions.
Note that all SPOT products described in this press release are the products of
Corporate Communications Manager,